Operations grimoire/How to add a server to the Nasqueron servers pool
Server names should be proper name from Iain Banks, The Algebraist.
If you want to create a server to do host one site, it's suggested the server name should still following this convention and so be different than your website subdomain.
If the server run a webserver, it's suggested at lest three vhosts:
- one to catch every request not intended for one of the configured block, to provide user with an error message (like the 404 droid not found) if a domain points to our server but is not configured ;
- one at <short hostname>, <full hostname>, localhost, <IP>, to offer a cover page for the server,
- one for the service you host.
- Document the server on the wiki:
- Prepare the server cover homepage:
- Commit a new server file in https://github.com/nasqueron/servers-homepages/tree/master/servers
- Run the scripts to generate your static HTML homepage