MySQL and MariaDB are available as a standalone role and can also be enabled on devserver. Currently, all deployed instances through the dbserver-mysql role are MariaDB ones.
It's mainly used by the websites hosted in the Alkane PaaS and by IRC eggdrops
Applications on the Docker PaaS can have their own container or use Acquisitariat, a container for Phabricator instances, and other dev & community services. Those containers use MySQL.
Open a console
Use peer authentication from the root user:
Create a new database or user
It's a simple two steps process:
- Edit the relevant pillar file, for example pillar/dbserver/cluster-B.sls in rOPS
- Deploy the change:
salt db-B-001 state.apply roles/dbserver-mysql/content
You generally need:
- an user block in dbserver_mysql.users
- block title is the username
- a password needs to be set in Vault, key is under ops/secrets/
- if it can be restricted to a single host or a subpart of the private network, you can set Host:, if not it will be %.
- a database block
Servers don't have a public ICANN IP, so you can only connect from other Nasqueron servers.
Letters can be discontinuous: for example, A is a PostgreSQL cluster.
B is the general cluster, for Nasqueron services. It currently has one server, db-B-001.
|Nasqueron||Nasqueron IRC SIG||Database for our eggdrops|
|wikis||Nasqueron Ops||MediaWiki farm|
|utopia||Dereckson||MediaWiki + archives|
|wolfplexdb||Wolfplex||MediaWiki + other content|